CEC (Elder Community)
Panel 67 CEC Committee Chair – Karen N. [[email protected]]
- CEC Group Inventory – Complete a group CEC inventory
- Compile a list of Senior Facilities;
Name of Facility:
Please include city and zip code on your island and e-mail your list to [email protected].
- Continue to gather names of those willing to take a meeting to Shut ins, do 12 step calls, or transport an elder to a meeting and get that information to your Intergroup.
- Get schedules and pamphlets to meal sites, and places where seniors frequent.
- Plan to attend health fairs or Senior events with pamphlets and
meeting schedules. Be prepared to answer questions.
“You don’t have to be 60 years or older you just need the desire to reach 60.”– Marion B. co-founder of the CEC committee
An Area 17 Standing Committee: Our mission is to carry the message to the Elder Community. Hawaii being a retirement destination for many gives us an excellent opportunity to help our kupuna (elders). Area 17 has had this Committee since 2005 and has grown to other standing committees in other Areas. The movement is known as (S.I.S.) Seniors in Sobriety(all inclusive).
What is CEC work and why should AAs do it?
Cooperation with the Elder Community (CEC) in Alcoholics Anonymous means carrying the message of recovery to the older still-suffering alcoholic by informing the general public and present and future professionals about the AA program – what we are, where we are, what we can do and what we cannot do. Professionals often meet the alcoholic in places where AA is not present, and, through them, alcoholics may be reached who might otherwise never find the program, or they may be reached sooner. CEC committees also coordinate the service work of AA groups and individuals who carry the message to older alcoholics in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes, and treatment facilities. We carry the message by getting in touch with the media, the community, and professional organizations and schools who can report on the nature and purpose of AA and what it can do for alcoholics.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SENIORS
- Seniors in Sobriety MEETING FRIDAYS 10 TO 11 AM
Kona Alano Club, 74-5606 Pawai Pl., Old Industrial – Meeting Room
- If you’re on the Big Island share with us
the infinite wisdom of “As Bill Sees It”
- CEC Committee Chair – [[email protected]]
- Check out the Sober Over Sixty meeting nearest you!