Hawaii Area 17
January 14 – 15, 2017
WHAT TO TAKE BACK
1. Area officers were introduced. Area officer contact information is on the area website. Please contact any of us at
2. Area confirmed the standing committee chairs. Standing committee contact information is on the stew website.
Please reach out to standing committee chairs for information, support and to share service work happening in your
3. 12 Concept presentation to the area. The pamphlet “the Concepts Illustrated” is a great tool to get a quick overview of
the concepts. This pamphlet can be downloaded at www.aa.org.
4. Circles of Love and Service was presented to the area. This pamphlet is an overview of the relationship between the
home groups, districts, area and GSO. This pamphlet can also be found on the GSO website. Www.aa.org.
5. A brief overview of the Hawaii Area Structures and Guidelines was presented. The S&G can be found on the area
website. It’s important that we are all familiar with the S&G. This is the guide for Hawaii Area operations.
6. GSRs were provided a copy of the GSR Handbook. The handbook can be found on the Hawaii Area Website.
7. GSRs were assigned to a standing committee. GSRs are assigned to standing committees similar to delegates being
assigned to committees at the general service conference. GSRs are able to carry information from their committees
back to the district and also share information with the standing committee chairs.
8. Registrar will be updating the Group Change Forms that were completed this weekend with new GSR information, etc.
Please allow a couple of weeks to complete this goal.
9. A complete draft of the minutes from the assembly will be posted on the area website in 10 days.
10. Everyone should get familiar with the area website. Everything area related can be found there including all the links
and documents to support GSRs. www.area17aa.org
11. The next assembly will be hosted by the Tri-island district on Maui in April. The dates are being confirmed and your
DCM will have the information. We look forward to everyone being there.
12. Committee Meeting: February 26th (Sunday), DCMs, Standing Committee Chairs and Area Officers. Please arrange
your travel. Registration will be open on the Area Website this week.
13. PRAASA – March 3 – 5, 2017 in Sacramento. It’s a wonderful opportunity to participate and learn more about area
14. Annual Hawaii Convention: September 28 – October 1, 2017 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. More information and
registration is available at www.annualhawaiiconvention.com
15. Service is the secret. What does your triangle look like?
“As GSRs, it’s your responsibility to find out what your group wants to know, share that information with them and make it
Joel, Pacific Regional Trustee.